- The power of Honda is derived from its expertly crafted, technologically advanced, innovative powertrain. Fashioned with Earth Dreams Technology, a next-generation set of technological advancements which greatly enhance both driving performance and fuel efficiency, the All-New City’s engine features High Accuracy Valve Technology, for better combustion with reduced friction and lower emissions.
- Developed as part of Earth Dreams Technology, CVT or Continuously Variable Transmission is Honda innovation at its best. Since power from the engine is continuously fed to the car tyres, CVT makes the ride smoother. It ensures the engine performs within a speed range that is best for fuel efficiency (18.4 km/l** in the All-New City). With 7-Speed Paddle Shifters, new Step Up-shift and Brake Down-shift control, elevate your rush with the supremacy of Honda CVT.
- Advanced CVT: The Ultimate Automatic 7-Speed CVT i-VTEC (Petrol) – 18.4 km/l**
- Based on the high accuracy valve control technology called DOHC VTEC + VTC, this newly introduced BS6 engine improves combustion efficiency, reduces friction and lowers emissions. This high performance engine delivers 89 kW (121 ps) best-in-segment^ power and 145 Nm torque, with quicker torque increase at lower engine speed.
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission For 1.5 Litres i-VTEC & i-DTEC Engines
- The Manual Transmission (MT) for both Petrol & Diesel vehicles now feature 6 forward speed ratios. This achieves a better driving experience with improved fuel efficiency. The 5 gear ratios are optimized for thrilling pick-up/acceleration, while the added 6th gear overdrive ratio maximises stress-free low engine revolutions when crusing at high speeds and this is what obtains better fuel efficiency.
- 1.5 Litres i-VTEC DOHC With Variable Timing Control (VTC) 6-Speed MT i-VTEC (Petrol) – 17.8 km/l**
- 1.5 Litres i-VTEC DOHC With Variable Timing Control (VTC) 6-Speed MT i-DTEC (Diesel) – 24.1 km/l**
- Upholding a legacy of leaving behind a greener Earth for future generation, the All-New City has a clean Diesel Engine. Under BS6, specifically where NSC (NOx Storage Catalyst) and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) are used, the exhaust gas after-treatment system has been applied thus significantly reducing emissions. It gives 73 kW (100 ps) power with 200 Nm torque.
Achieving a clear vision while driving, with a balance of openness and security. This is the ‘SO-KAI’ or ‘Invigorating’ cockpit design in the All-New City. Another theme, the ‘Dynamic View’ concept, has structured the design of the instrumental panel for the driver to easily grasp the vehicle sensation with lesser anxiety-causing factors. In the upholstery, premium leather seats and hand-crafted tailoring provides a sense of opulence and luxury, giving the All-New City a feel that far exceeds its class.
The All-New City is smartly styled with dignified stature and superior technological prowess. A wide, upper-grill in the front presents the signature Honda Solid Wing Face, and elevates the car to a position of prominence. This bold front is taken to the next level with the integration of Full LED Headlamps(with 9 LED array inline shell, integrated LED DRL, L-Shaped LED Turn Indicator), a first in the segment. In the rear of the All-New City, Z-shaped 3D Wrap Around LED Tail Lamps with Uniform Edge Light & LED Side Marker Lights continue to highlight the sleek design of the car.